November 11, 2011

November...!?

So, I went back to work in September. Apparently it has consumed my life.

No, not really, it just seems that every spare minute that I have while not at work is filled with other fun stuff. My "free time" is still around, but I have to be very selective about what I choose to do with it. I am still squeezing in projects here and there- though clearly not at the speed that I can keep up with over the summer!

I find myself doing "mini-projects." Like when I realized that Little Man was not going to wake up at his usual 5:45AM and I had a few minutes on my hands. What to do? Maybe write a list. Except, this is where the paper is found:


Hmm.. guess I could clean the junk drawer.


Much better!

So this is life during the school year. Squeeze things in. Isn't that the truth for us all!?

I also played around with my Silhouette. I have to admit that I have a HUGE list of want-to-do's for this crafty craft tool...

My first project: A laundry jar



It was my first attempt at using vinyl. I have to say that I was pretty darn pleased with myself! If I were to do it again I would have made the font a bit smaller, but I love the red and teal together!

I feel strongly that your "first" attempt at anything is worth keeping. Even if it is a bit wonky. Such good memories!

Our current "BIG" project is redecorating Little Man's room. One night, when we went to check on him after bedtime, we found him all squished up in his toddler bed. It was clear that although he is only 3 1/2, it was time for a big boy bed! So, out came the convertible bed directions again and presto-chango- Little Man is now in a full-sized bed!

I love it because there is enough room for me to crawl in next to him for snuggling and story time! I also love that we have given his room a more finished decor. When we first moved in I slapped some wall stickers up and called it a *room of transition*... but it bothered me that it didn't feel really pulled together.

And it still isn't fully pulled together- but almost! I am working on collecting the last few precious pieces before I give you the full reveal. Stay tuned! I promise I will try to post a few more times this month ;)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! So great to see a new post. Can't wait to see the LittleMan's bedroom reveal, even though I have seen it in person. :)
    Joey

    ReplyDelete